SomnoGuard AP mouthpiece
Snoring and obstructive sleep apnea is caused by the relaxation of the muscles in the throat causing the airway to narrow. This narrowing leads to an increased velocity of the air you breathe which in turn makes the soft tissue in the throat vibrate. This accelerated vibration is responsible for the characteristic snoring sound.
The SomnoGuard AP mouthpiece is part of a line of mandibular adjustment devices (MAD) that are used to provide relief for snoring and sleep apnea that affects large numbers of adults.
It was created for people who have medium and larger jaw sizes (i.e. men), and a neutral bite pattern. The mouthpiece consists of an upper and lower tray. Each tray is made up of specially formulated plastics that are ideal for molding.
What is SomnoGuard AP?
SonmoGuard AP is a MAD produced by Tomed Dr. Toussaint GmbH in Germany. The company was founded in 1997 has carved out a reputation for itself by delivering products that provide relief from sleep disorders. It was created by a team of highly experienced medical professionals led by Dr. Winfried Toussaint whom also suffers from sleep apnea. This product is the culmination of years of clinical research that has produced progressively better products.
Since its beginning, Tomed has expanded beyond the borders of Germany and even the European Union to provide relief to clients in Asia, Africa, and North America.
The practice has so satisfied these demanding clients with the level of quality and professionalism they provide that over 65% of their business now comes from outside of Germany.
How does SomnoGuard AP work?
The SomnoGuard AP mouthpiece is a mandibular advancement device that works very simply and effectively. It forces the lower jaw to come forward and extend the airway at the base of the tongue. This serves to counteract the narrowing of the throat and slow down the speed of the air that you are breathing in. As the air is slowed down, it is prevented from having enough energy to vibrate the soft tissue in the throat thereby removing the snoring sound.
When the mouthpiece is heated by immersion in hot water, the plastic becomes moldable. The individual then firmly bites into the trays until an impression of their teeth is made. After the mold is cast and solidified, it is simple to get a precise fit due to the stainless steel screw that comes in the packaging and is inserted into the front of the mouthpiece.
What makes SomnoGuard AP different?
The SomnoGuard AP mouthpiece is unique in a variety of ways. Firstly, it has been designed by a seasoned medical doctor that was also suffering from the same condition that the product offers relief from. The MAD has air holes that allow you to breathe through the mouth instead of forcing you to breathe through the nose exclusively.
It is transparent which, makes it less noticeable to a casual observer. It does not lock your jaw in place due to its ability to move from side to side. The adjustment is accurate to 0.5 mm giving you the most precision for the most comfortable fit possible.
It has undergone clinical trials which ensure its safety and efficacy while allowing the manufacture to get insights on how to improve the product.
Advantages of SomnoGuard AP
- Adjustable: the MAD can be adjusted up to 10 mm with an accuracy of 0.5 mm. This provides a greater control than the nearest comparable MAD which offers 7-8 mm of lower jaw advancement.
- It is constructed with safe materials. Each piece comes with two different plastics, a hard outer shell and a soft thermoplastic interior that allows you to customize it to your mouth.
- It has breathing holes so that you can breathe through the nose or mouth during the sleep of the night.
- It has undergone extensive clinical trials and regulated by the FDA and CE marked.
- The mouthpiece is equipped with the ability to move laterally, giving you more comfort when using the device.
- It is clear when in the mouth so it becomes less noticeable.
- It is customizable, many MAD come with a one size fits all design, but thanks to the safe material used in the construction of the device, the thermoplastic interior can be heated and molded to your mouth.
- They have a long lifespan of 12 months or more.
- It is easy to care for, only requiring to be brushed once in the morning after use.
Disadvantage of SomnoGuard AP
- They are a bit larger than other devices which are why it is targeted for individuals with larger mouths.
- They have a slightly higher price point making it a real investment on your part.
- Mouth dryness which is due to the breathing hole.
- Temporary discomfort in the morning, which is characteristic of most MADs. The pain usually subsides when you have adjusted to the mouthpiece.
Is SomnoGuard AP safe?
The Sonmoguard® AP underwent numerous clinical trials before being released to the public and is approved by the FDA and CE marked for unlimited distribution in the European Union. With this level of support, it is alright to say that the product is safe. Not many mouthpieces cleared by the FDA, it’s made with the material which is no risk to the health.
Where to buy SomnoGuard AP
The SomnoGuard AP mouthpiece can be purchased directly from the website or from other online resellers. If you do not like these options, then you can speak with your dentist and have him or her order one for you directly from an accredited reseller.
The SomnoGuard AP mouthpiece has been created to offer quick and effective relief for individuals who are tired of the effects that snoring and sleep apnea have on their lives. It has numerous features that allow it to raise its head above comparable products. If you are looking for an effective MAD that will last for a reasonable amount of time, then this one is a good choice. If you are looking for a temporary fix then it may be wise to continue searching.
Find out more from SomnoGuard AP’s website.
Which Stop Snoring Mouthpiece Is Best For You?
There’s no particular mouthpiece is suitable for every single person as we do not have the same size of mouth, jaw or teeth arrangement. As we have a different mouth and jawline shape and size, It will be a challenge to identify the best stop snoring mouthpiece that fit you most.
While getting the most suitable mouthpiece is vital as you have to wear it for many hours in the sleep by not compromise the comfort and the effectiveness. As you can find the ideal mouthpiece for yourself with detailed information from the stop snoring mouthpiece comparison chart.
With additional fact and figure putting side by side together, this can be time-saving and greatly help you with selecting a mouthpiece that meets your requirements. Based on my reviews, I have picked the top snoring mouthpieces highly recommended for everyone.